Monday, July 15, 2013

Goodbye, Paris

Bastille Day 2013

Just a quick post to say that things could get sporadic from now on. I head out to the west coast of Scotland (with a one night stopover in London) today and I don't see that any of my little B&B's mention offering free wifi, so who knows. Taking the Eurostar through the Chunnel - only 2-1/2 hrs. between Paris and London.

More fireworks

Yesterday was Bastille Day. I didn't go to the military parade, but the jets did fly over my apartment, so I wasn't spared. The only thing I did was go to the fireworks, which started at 11:00 p.m. since it stays so light here.

Yep, blurry

There were people everywhere - not sure I've ever been in a bigger gathering. I wouldn't do it again! It took forever to get back to the apartment. I walked a lot of it because the Metro entrances in the general area were blocked.

Revolution mural in the Bastille Metro

Everywhere else I went in Paris was real quiet yesterday. Nice!

"Nanny State" at work

Is this what they mean by the Nanny State? This was posted in lots of languages. 27C is 80.6F.

Bus stop electronic sign

The electronic signs at the Paris bus stops were announcing the protests in the U.S. against the Zimmerman acquittal. You probably won't read this before 4:00 today, but the Peace & Justice Center and the Sonoma County NAACP are holding a vigil for Trayvon in Courthouse Square, SR, today, the 15th, from 4:00 to 6:00. I'll be thinking of you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment