Sunday, May 5, 2013


This picture is taken in front of the door leading to a large cluster of apartments - from the 1700's. I think I have the best of everything with this little apartment. It's behind a wall with beautiful gardens in full bloom. Very quiet except when lots of birds sing before dawn - I listen and just go back to sleep. And out front it is very busy - lots of tourists. I'm three blocks from Sacre Coeur, two blocks from Montmartre's last remaining windmills, three blocks from the only vineyard in Paris, three blocks from Picasso's studio, and if you turn 90 degrees to the right when you go out the front door, you can see the Eiffel Tower.


Alix and I have spent a lot of time in sidewalk cafes. I'm not writing yet - probably very little until after Alix leaves - but this is the habit I plan to cultivate! And that was a pretty decent Brouilly for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment